** REPOSTING Project **
We have a phpBB v3 bulletin board with about 1,800 members. This phpBB was recently upgraded to the latest phpBB version, and reCaptcha added for new user registration due to the large amount of spam registration attempts coming in. The Freelancer that did this work completed it to the project spec, however the client neglected to test this thoroughly and one month later returned back to us to say that it was not working.
The Freelancer who did the work has been slow or non-responsive on this project and since this is a production phpBB system, I need someone fast who knows what they are doing with phpBB and can take this over quickly.
We specifically need the following done:
1. Fix the issue with the reCaptcha add-on not work. It appears to work, presents the catpcha correctly however gives a 'Socket Error' on attempting to validate the captcha. We understand that this is likely to be a firewall issue, and can open ports, etc. for this however the information provided by the previous freelancer didn't allow us to find a solution to this.
2. We had previously customized an email notification facility in this phpBB that provides for the following:
a. When a new thread is started in a forum, all 'members' of that forum (ie. subscribed users with appropriate security rights to the forum) should receive a notification email stating that a new thread has been started.
b. When a reply is posted to a thread in a forum, all members of that forum (ie. subscribed users with appropriate security rights to the forum) should receive a notification email stating that a reply has been posted to the thread.
At this time no emails are being generated at all for notifications to subscribed users.
The ideal Freelancer for this project should have the following:
1. Experience with installing, customizing and installing add-ons to phpBB v3 and have done this dozens of times before. I don't have the time or luxury for a new freelancer with little experience to take this on due to the circumstances.
2. Be available during US business hours to communicate and work with our team for Firewall issues, testing, etc.
3. Be available immediately to start on this project.
We can provide FTP and phpMyAdmin access to the forums. Since the forums are on a production server, it would be best if any major work can be done outside of normal US business hours so existing users are not disrupted.