Python Desktop application
Maksettu toimituksen yhteydessä
I am looking for a Python developer to create a camera control photobooth desktop app. The app will be controlling a mirrorless camera and should be compatible with both Windows and macOS operating systems. The app should have basic camera control and capture features.
Some DSLR cameras can be controlled through PC. The manufacturer provides an SDK for this. We need an application written with this SDK to control a camera.
Further, it will have a USB lock implemented so that the application runs only on a PC which has the USB key plugged in. The SDK for this lock will also be provided.
The software GUI will look something like the attached image. The specifications are mentioned too in the attached pdf.
The function implemented would be:
1. Identify if camera is connected to PC,
2. Bring up the Live-View window,
3. Adjust Focus (auto and manual - SDK has these functions), Exposure, Aperture, ISO,
4. Adjust Resolution and image format to save in (jpg, RAW, tiff - for tiff you may have to use additional APIs, maybe like ImageMagick, that converts Canon RAW to tiff on the fly) with option of Colour/Monochrome,
5. Display Histogram, Grid,
6. Options for Magnify, Zoom and other similar buttons,
7. Adjust and set Save Location, File Name to save, Rotation etc,
8. The RAW image (CR2) is usually 14-bit. There should be an option to save this in a 16-bit tiff file.
Additionally, please also quote for a photo album software that can be made part of this software to organize these images. The album software need not be too fancy, just basic organization with slideshow, thumbnails, ability to add tags, rename etc.
Ideal Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Python
- Familiarity with camera control and capture
- Knowledge of GUI frameworks such as PyQt or PySide
- Experience in working with both Windows and macOS operating systems
Projektin tunnus: #36709927