Mate, I'm basically looking for someone to do the back end work on a website for me. I want to run a type of AFL (Australian Rules Football) Tipping competition next season, but with a twist. I want to set it up so that people can sign up, and they need to pick 1 winner per day to build a "streak". They will have the option of choosing between team vs team markets (ie geelong vs bulldogs), or some player vs player markets (most disposals, most goals etc). ESPN in the States currently runs this on their website at [url removed, login to view]
Is this something you'd be capable of replicating? I've got the website design, layout and design taken care of. I need someone to do the "back end" side of things (sorry if that terminology is incorrect, I'm not as up to speed as I should be).
On top of the main feature described above, I'll need the following to also be incorporated into the project.
* On first vistor, people will be encourage to sign up to the site to play for free. So I'll need an application form, and I guess a member database to go with it. I'd like to collect names, email addresses and mobile phone numbers and for people to allocate themselves a password.
* On signing up, members will have limited access to profile options, the option to choose their favourite team, favourite player, ability to select an avatar etc will be visable, but won't be able to be modified at this stage. They'll have the option of signing up to the premium membership part of my website (priced at $[url removed, login to view])
* I'll need a form for members to be able to upgrade to premium memberships, being able to enter in card details or netbank information. When payment has cleared, this will then unlock the added features of their account.
* Premium memberships will also be able to access a footy tipping competition exclusive to premium members. They'll need to be able to log their tips each week, and have them saved, but not be able to change them past 6pm on Friday night.
* From my end, I need to be able to log in and select which markets are winners, and which are losers. Once this is done, I need members accounts to update accordingly, to display their streak as it's current value. I don't want to have to log into each members accounts to adjust their streak value.
* I'd also like displayed on a page (perhaps main page), the current top 10 streaks, and whether they're active or not.
* I'd also like space to display advertising. I'm hoping I can get a few sponsors on board to generate a bit of extra prize money.
If this is a job you'd be able to undertake, I'd love to hear back from you