I’m looking for a senior developer (at least five years) who is experienced with mobile applications, unity model size, graphic card processing and overall performance optimization by keeping the existing look and feel of the 3D model, camera scripting and user interface implementation. You should have the Unity 4.0 version plus Android as well as iPhone plug in. The job shall be finished till mid of March beginning now. We have time pressure.
I shortly like to describe the as-is situation. My 3D artist created a 3D model which contains objects, textures and lighting. Later he is going to finalize the whole 3D job. In my opinion project quality has four main dimensions mobile app size, look and feel, performance, and usability. Mainly the first three dimensions have strong dependencies. At this stage I’m very satisfied with the look and feel of the current model. However the size of the as-is unity project is around 40MB right now which makes me concerned.
Therefore two strategies shall be applied.
Firstly the file size itself shall be analyzed and optimized (if possible).
The bottom line questions are:
- Why is the file size so heavy (file will be provided after signing NDA)? What are the size drivers? (only few textures and objects are used)
- What size will be expected for the mobile build?
- What is your opinion about the provided 3D model?
- What do you recommend in terms of size and performance optimization (I’m experiencing an anti-aliasing issue right now) by keeping the same look & feel?
Secondly an asset library shall be established. The asset library contains all reusable elements such as 3D objects, textures, camera and others. In an ideal world a unique model consists only of the layout and reutilized the asset library in all other manners. This approach would avoid data redundancy and hence reduce the size.
The bottom line questions are:
- What is the size of the asset library and what is the size for each layout?
- What does it mean for the deployment process or what implications does such approach (deployment, 3d art job, dev job, updates, etc.) have?
- What do you recommend in terms of conceptual design and implementation?
In spite of that you shall create the script for the camera and the defined camera path (users can’t navigate freely in the layout; the camera has a defined path).
The next project milestone shall accomplish the following goals:
- Optimization as well as finalizing the existing 3D model in terms of performance, size and look & feel (e.g. usage of textures for mobile applications)
- Creation of the smooth camera script, implementing of the camera and the related touch screen usability (users can navigate within the layout)
- Showcasing that the asset library is utilized
- Deployment of the whole application for an Android OS that it can be used by me
- Discussion, clarification and prize negotiation for the next project milestone
If you are interested and think the description fits very well with your skills please send an email about e.g.: introduce yourself, project references, CV, personal website, profession, work availability, prize per hour, time zone, job status, Skype name, open questions.
I suggest that you send me an initial input responding on my thoughts / questions. Thank you very much for your time. Enjoy your day.
11 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
expert programmer team for webapp HTML5 Jquery mobile,HTML5 with phonegap, Iphone , Ipad, BB, Android, OpneGLes2.0,Unity3D, cocos2D game and utility apps development please check your PM for more details thanks.