Quick Project for you Lotus notes dudes.
I need an agent that will run easily on my corporate server (i.e. can be installed by any lotus notes user and does not require access to the server)
It will do this.
Every time a meeting is created, your agent will take that meeting and create an iCalendar and vCalendar attachment of that meeting.
Add it to the meeting (if created by me)
Send as an email attachment to the user's outlook address.
This is a simple bridge between Lotus notes and outlook.
It solves the problem of missing meetings. I use outlook on my PDA and lotus notes at work yet frequently miss meetings because I forget to add the meeting to outlook. I know there are bridges out there but they are more complicated. Looking for something very simple.
In addition, the email that is forwarded should also include a Palm insert that would allow a Palm user to automatically click or open to add that insert/attachment as a calendat entry.
1) I set up a meeting in Lotus Notes.
2) The agent takes this meeting and adds a .vcf file vCalendar of the same meeting. It also attches or inserts PALM OS link/code.
3) The agent sends this meeting with the attachments to all participants (lotus and non-lotus)
4) When outlook users open the invitation, they see the .VCF, click on it which opens an outlook calendar entry with all the info set up.
5) When a Treo 600/650 user opens the email via their POP provider, they click or open an attachment which adds the entry to thier PDA calendar.