I'm doing some market investigation since I'm interested to convert my website into an Android app. I mean an app which will work as a browser. My website is mobile-friendly (responsive) and it has all necessary responsive menus for browsing (home page, sandwich menu, breadcrumbs etc).
Here are some data for the project:
- It is a forum based on xenForo 2 splitted by content - domain into three domains:
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL] and
[login to view URL]
My visitors used to switch between the above domains with well placed menus. The user accounts are the same since the database is the same.
- I'm a PHP and xenForo 2 developer, so if your app uses the [login to view URL] push notifications, I can integrated them on the xenForo 2 side with just a short documentation on my own.
The project requirements are the following:
- To support push notifications, for example via [login to view URL]
- The app should work like a browser even when someone try to upload a file via my site's html file forms. As I can see on my android phone with Chrome, someone can upload an image even via his camera (taking photo).
- I need 2 splash screens based on the domain the user visits. Examples:
-- The app is based on [login to view URL] and has its name/ title. It means that at first start the user views the [login to view URL] splash screen.
-- User can browse domain1.com.
-- If the user changed the section and goes to [login to view URL] or [login to view URL] (there are buttons / links inside [login to view URL]), a new splash screen should appear.
-- Then user can browse this new domain.
-- If user wants to turn back to [login to view URL] the initial splash screen should appear again.
- No splash screen if someone goes between [login to view URL] and subdomain.domain2.com.
- I need a php function to detect if the user browses via the android app, example: function isAndroidApp() (bool). Maybe it can be created using the php $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] superglobal and strpos() !== false?
- I don't want the app to have an address bar, since I want it to appear like an app.
- I can provide my two logos (for the splash screens) into very high resolution png files or something else by request and also the app icon.
- I don't need app submission and add network integration.
- Finally, I need to have the source code.