SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• More than 15 years experience in marketing and advertising as communications specialist and writer/designer/producer.
• Experienced in strategic planning and coordinating message via consumer/trade show events.
• Pro-active in developing creative and cost-effective solutions in terms of desktop publishing services.
• Excellent research, creation and editing of technical material focused toward target audiences.
• Solution-oriented professional able to establish positive rapport through strong interpersonal skills.
• Take initiative to encourage and motivate others.
• Recognized for quality service and exceptional design and presentation skills.
• PC and Mac Software Knowledge: QuarkXpress, PageMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Macromedia, MS Outlook, Office, PowerPoint, Producer, Excel, CorelDraw, FrameMaker, etc.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Writing, Design and Production
• Graphics creation, content coordination, design and production of books, manuals, syllabus's, online presentations and CD-ROMs for international associations such as, Ontario Bar Association, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, American Bar Association, International Faculty Management Association and American Society of Landscape Architects.
• Wrote, designed and desktop published manuals, newsletters, press releases, direct-mail marketing material, print advertising and online marketing adhering to industry guidelines for Private Client Division Investment Advisors.
• Designed and produced all collateral material, presentations and signage, during intensive, two-year re-branding campaign as a member of the project management team for BMO Nesbitt Burns.
• Designed and produced online graphics and special project presentations such as “Through the Eye of the Storm”, addressing investor fears about uncertainty in the investment markets post 9/11.
• Created innovative design themes for incentive programs and special projects (i.e., sales and marketing presentations, Branch meetings, etc.) exceeding end user expectations.
• Wrote scripts and edited content, produced voice-over and stock music, and coordinated visuals for multimedia presentations.
Marketing and Promotion
• Provided value-added and timely services to key constituents: Investment Advisors (through IA Marketing Support); Product Groups; Private Client Division Management for high level of repeat client satisfaction.
• Developed and maintained web sites for both external Internet sites and internal Intranet sites.
• Designed specialty packaging, poster campaigns and CD cover art delivering appropriate message to targeted market groups.
Research, Administration and Coordination
• Coordinated online and CD-ROM presentations using Adobe Acrobat, MS Producer, PowerPoint.
• Researched, reviewed, assessed, supervised and coordinated computer-generated and traditional art (i.e., slides, overheads, etc.) for sales presentations, product demonstrations, employee training & benefits programs for clients such as A&P Dominion, Canadian Standards Association, Delta Hotels.
• Coordinated translation of text copy from English to French as needed.
• Analyzed, catalogued, interpreted and traced written data and reports for Royal Bank, Ontario Processing Centre and recognized for exceptional accomplishments in quality service.
• Developed and provided computer training as a Data Management Consultant of filing system for personnel records managed by St. Joseph’s Health Centre administration staff.
• Typesetter/Conversion Operator, with Bowne Financial Print – the world’s largest financial printer and leading EDGAR filer, specializing in the creation, management, translation and distribution of regulatory and compliance documents.
BOWNE OF CANADA, LTD.
– Bowne Financial Print
DTP/New Media Producer
CONTENT MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
– New Media
NATIONAL BANK FINANCIAL
– Research Publishing
BMO NESBITT BURNS
– Marketing and Client Strategy
ARIEL COMPUTER PRODUCTIONS
– Computer Graphics/Presentations
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
1995 – Special Achievement Award for “Quality Service” from Royal Bank of Canada.
1993 – 1st Prize for “Name the Newsletter & Design the Masthead” from Christian Resource Centre.
1989 – Bronze Award for “Best Presentation Slides” from Canadian Multimedia Association.
Desktop Publishing Diploma
Apple Design & Modeling Centre, University of Toronto
Writing for the Media Certificate
Public Relations Program, Ryerson University