I am Dr Violeta Avetisian, a cited researcher, poet, translator, proofreader, editor and tutor. I have a Master's degree in English Studies and Education.
My PhD dissertation, which I wrote in English (using the Chicago Manual of Style) is a comparative study of philosophical concepts of time and space in twentieth-century emigration literature (V. Nabokov, G. Robakidze, N. Berberova, I. Bunin).
According to the international educational and scientific platform [login to view URL], nowadays, my peer-reviewed (English, Russian, Georgian) research works (which are published in the UK, France, Italy and Georgia), poetry and PhD dissertation are cited worldwide.
I have more than 15 years of experience in translating, editing, and proofreading English, Russian and Georgian texts covering legal, technical, humanitarian, academic, medical, finance, advertisement, tourism, construction and other spheres.
I have more than 16 years of teaching experience as a university lecturer and tutor. As a visiting lecturer, I taught undergraduate students the following courses:
1. Introduction to English Studies
2. Introduction to Literary Criticism
3. English Language courses (Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading, Listening, Speaking)
and English Literature courses:
1. History of English Literature (450-1660)
2. History of English Literature (1660-1780)
3. History of English Literature (1780-1830)
4. History of English Literature (1830-1900)
5. History of English Literature (the 20th century)
I am highly qualified and well-experienced in the following spheres:
• Microsoft Office programs
• document and website translation from/into UK/US English, Russian, Georgian
• creating SubRip Subtitle (.srt) files
• text formatting
• citation styles
• research writing
• conference presentation
I am bilingual in Russian (C2 level) and Georgian (C2 level), and also fluent in English (C1 level).
Feel free to contact me to discuss your project. I guarantee result-oriented work and deadline commitment.
Dr Violeta Avetisian