Deactivating / Closing my Freelancer account
Deactivating or closing your account would mean that all your transactions with other users in the site will cease. Reactivating the account later will allow you to see all your transactions including reviews, but not resume your transactions with other users.
The following conditions should be met before you deactivate your account.
● You have no outstanding projects or contests.
Visit My Projects to close or cancel them first.
Otherwise, contact Support by clicking Contact Us below.
● You have no outstanding fees owed.
Add funds to clear your negative balance.
● You have funds remaining in your account.
To deactivate your account, follow these steps:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Settings.
2. Select the Account tab.
3. Click Deactivate Account.
4. Complete the short survey, and click Deactivate Account.
If you are having issues with your account, and need guidance on how to handle project conflicts, or if you’re confused with specific transactions and somehow lost in the site, let us know. Our Support team is always ready to assist you.