Deactivating / Closing my Freelancer account
Deactivating or closing your account would mean that all your transactions with other users in the site will cease. Reactivating the account later will allow you to see all your transactions including reviews, but not resume your transactions with other users.
The following conditions should be met before you deactivate your account.
● You have no outstanding contests or projects with pending Milestone Payments.
For awarded contest, the handover must be completed first. For open contest, either the client awards it or cancels it with the help of the Support team.
For pending Milestone Payments, either the freelancer cancels it or the client releases it.
● You have no pending account issues (suspension, restriction, limitation, Required KYC).
Contact Support to get assistance in resolving any account issues.
● You have no outstanding fees owed.
Add funds to clear your negative balance.
● You have funds remaining in your account.
Request for payout for your earnings and/or request a refund for your added funds first.
To deactivate your account, follow these steps:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Settings.
2. Select the Account tab.
3. Click Deactivate Account.
4. Complete the short survey, and click Deactivate Account.
If you are having issues with your account, and need guidance on how to handle project conflicts, or if you’re confused with specific transactions and somehow lost in the site, let us know. Our Support team is always ready to assist you.