Changing my security phone number
If your security phone number is already added to your account, here is how you can update it.
1. Log in to your Freelancer.com account.
3. On the Profile tab, scroll down to the Security Phone Number section.
4. Click Request to Change.
5. A pop-up window explaining the steps you need to undertake to update your number will appear. Click Change Security Number to proceed.
6. Make sure your country is selected on the Country dropdown menu. Provide your phone number, and choose if you wish to receive the verification code via SMS or via a phone call.
To make sure the verification works, your phone number has to be in the correct format:
- Do not include hyphens or spaces
- Select the correct country to auto-populate the country code field
- It has to follow the standard international calling format: country code, city code, local phone number
You can use a mobile phone number or a landline number (without extensions). If you are using a mobile number, omit the 0. The country code will take its place, so just input the succeeding numbers. For instance, a US number 01234567898 will be entered as +11234567898.
7. Click Send Verification Code. You will receive an SMS or a phone call with the code on your mobile phone or landline. If you are unable to receive a code within 15 minutes, click Re-send Code.
8. Enter the code on the new field that will appear. Click Verify Code.
9. To apply the security phone number change, ID verification has to be completed. Click Verify Identity to begin the process, and follow the steps.