At Freelancer.com, we take the security and privacy of our users very seriously. That's why we advise users to complete a Know Your Customer (KYC) verification process before using the platform. This process helps us ensure the safety of our users and that their account information is accurate and up-to-date.
To complete the KYC verification process, you'll need to provide your proof of identity, proof of address, and keycode verification photo. Here are guide on the documents you would need to upload:
- Documents or images must not be altered or edited in any way. Submission of a fake or altered document will result in account closure and may lead to legal actions.
- Submit only a high-quality colored image scan or colored digital photo. Photocopies and black and white scans/photos are not acceptable.
- If the IDs or documents are in your local language or translation, please have them English-translated and notarized before submitting.
- Do not use special characters (i.e. &#@!) in the image's filename so the Verification team can review the file.
Proof of Identity
The following are the commonly accepted documents:
- Driver's License
- National ID card
- Tax ID
- Proof of Age ID
- Professional License ID
- State ID
- Voter's ID
- Postal ID
- Government-issued Health Cards
Remember the following:
- The ID should not be expired.
- Image dimensions must be 500 x 300 pixels minimum.
- The copy must not be cropped and should include all sides and details of the ID.
- Except for passports, you must submit the front and back images of your ID.
Keycode Verification Photo
A photo of yourself holding a piece of paper with your 1) unique code (to be provided in the Verification Center) and the text "This keycode is for account verification at Freelancer.com." in one hand, and your actual ID 2) same ID as the one submitted in your proof of identity with 3) readable details in your other hand.
- Ensure that your face can be seen clearly.
- You must be actually holding your ID (not a printed or pdf copy of the page with the keycode) and the piece of paper with your keycode.
- Ensure that the details of your ID are clearly visible and readable in the photo.
- The photo should not be a mirror image.
Proof of Address
This will no longer be required if your proof of identity contains your current address. If the information in the ID you uploaded shows your current valid address, choose Yes when you reach this section below:
If necessary, you can submit a colored scan of any of the following acceptable proof of address documents:
- Bank Statement (issued within the last three months)
- Utility Bills (issued within the last three months)
- Income Tax Return (issued within the last year)
- Residence ID/Permit
- Notarized Leasing Agreement/Contract (issued within the last year)
- Passbook (issued within the last year only)
- Any valid government-issued ID as long as it has your name, current address, photo, date of birth, signature and the ID's issue date.
Remember the following:
- The document must have your full name and address that is not in/containing P.O Box.
- The document must clearly display the issuing authority's name, address, and phone number.
- Digital/online copy of documents are accepted (e.g. bank statements, utility bills). Make sure to send the PDF copy, and not a screenshot of it.
- If the document is an e-bill or e-bank statement, it should not be password-protected.
Completing the KYC process is crucial for keeping your security and privacy safe. Make sure that you follow the instructions provided, especially when taking the Keycode Verification Photo, to avoid any delays during verification.
Please keep in mind that giving false or incorrect information during the verification process goes against our terms of service and could lead to legal consequences.