I need to develop a ZOHO app for a small clothing retail store.
The following functionality is required:
There are two facilities:
A warehouse where
1) New products are entered onto the system including details such as cost price, cost code (cost price represented in a code so that only managers can interpret the cost price), selling price, description, department, colours, sizes and other attributes that will be used to manage the products). Note that supplier details are not required.
2) Inventory is received from suppliers (inventory at the warehouse must increase)
3) Labels are printed and stuck on each garment (labels must have a barcode to identify garments at the styleNumber/colour/size detail. Other information to be printed on label: StyleNumber, Description, Colour, Size, Selling Price, Cost Code, Selling Price)
4) Garments are stored until required by the store
5) Garments are sent to the retail store (inventory at the warehouse must decrease, inventory at the store must increase)
6) Received back from the retail store for seasonal product storage (eg: move summer goods to the warehouse during winter months) (Inventory at store must decrease, inventory at the warehouse must increase)
A retail store where
1) Customers walk in and select garments to pay at a single till.
2) The salesperson can either :
a. scan the barcode of each garment, which automatically inserts the styleNumber/colour/size. Salesperson can amend the price. Salesperson inputs the quantity. Line item subtotal is calculated (selling price x quantity)
b. Sales person inputs the stylenumber. Radio buttons allow the salesperson to select the colour and size. The options should be specific to the style number. In the attached information, pink and purple colours should not have a radio button if the item is a pants.
The invoice total is automatically calculated after each garment is entered. The salesperson then clicks a ‘continue to payment’ button which brings up a screen to pay in either cash only, card only or part cash part card. Any change owed to the customer is calculated. An invoice is printed. Inventory at the store is adjusted down. Till status is increased by the card and cash amounts.
3) Customers may return products. Inventory in store is increased. Tills are adjusted downwards.
4) Manager can reset tills to zero, and remove cash from the till.
5) Manager and salesreps should be able to query the stock onhand of any item by using there mobile phone to scan the barcode and view the stock onhand by facility/stylenumber/colour/location.
There are only two roles: Manager and salesperson. A manager can have access to every functionality including enter new products and receive products from suppliers at the warehouse. The salesperson cannot enter new products and receive products from suppliers at the warehouse.
An excel file with an example of the data structure has been provided. The freelancer is free to create a more efficient data structure.
If successful, opportunities for further enhancement will be available: customised reports/store replenishment functionality/etc.