The requested deliverable is a functional design document for a transport connector. The business end of the connector will initially make use of an industry provided data model (xml), used to exchange real-time logistic trip data. The design should contain a way to replace the initial model with a different one should that become necessary, and also contain a way for other data models to operate in parallel to the initial model. The back-end of the connector hooks up with our automotive trading software, preferably in an abstract way describing an API, although said API might need extending or developement for this purpose.
As a functional designer you play an important role in the preliminary phase of our software development projects of course. We carry 3 larger packages that constantly ask for innovation and expansion. You are requested to take responsibility for delivering a structured design document for a specific connector, as described below.
A Microsoft Word functional design template will be provided and needs to be used as a basis. The language in the document must be English. (Non-native English speakers must provide a recent TOEFL certificate).
Your design contains UML (Use Cases at minimum) and User Stories for the functional parts, and you have an eye for the non-functional parts. The design contains the necessary flow and relationship schedules, data and data models. For the purpose of testing we require a quality table (a base table is provided) expressing the areas that need quality attention for testing the product for initial and continued use. The document must contain references acceptance criteria and test plans.
You communicate the design with the development group and delivery manager.
- You have an engineering degree in software development
- Concrete experience in drafting and then managing the design;
- Concrete experience in having your designs actually developed and tested;
- Experience in methods such as XML / UML, Use Cases and User Stories;
- Experience with TMap Suite (TMap Next). LAMP stack and Agile Scrum or Continuous Integration is an advantage;
- Experience from or with the automotive industry is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Broadband to support high resolution Skype or Zoom.