General Description: This project is to create a windows service to run on XP and Vista. The service will check the users email every # minutes (this will be a user setting, 1,5,10 minutes). If the user receives and email from a pre-defined address, the service will parse (read) the email and using a XML posting method (we have already created this), it will post the data to a database.
1. There needs to be a GUI to modify the setting of the service and view the local database file.
2. A local access database is to be used to keep a record of each email process, the information posted to the remote database, and the status of the post (rejected, duplicate, inserted).
3. This project is for up to 20 different email templates to be designed and coded.
4. Must be able to process emails in either Outlook Express, Outlook 2003 and 2007, and Vista Web Mail programs.
5. All source code to be provided at the completion of the project in order to receive final payment.
6. Service must work without errors for at least 2 weeks to receive final payment.
7. Multiple users will be testing the software on different platforms so it is important to keep detailed tracking log in order to debug errors.
8. We need to have a feature to view the local database and "re-post" a record in the event it did not post successfully the first time.