Please read the requirements below CAREFULLY before you post a bid. I took a lot of time to explain this clearly so please read it ALL before you bid.
I am looking to have some work done in Flash by a Professional designer. If you do not know ALL the in's and outs of Flash or are new to it – this project is NOT for you. I prefer someone with years of experience who can show me CUSTOM work they have done, not template jobs from the many template sites out there. I am looking for CUSTOM WORK, not a modified flash template. Please keep this in mind before you bid on this project.
There are 2 parts to this project as identified below:
I have 3 flash banners already created and already with the .FLA files, you will be required to change the background image in the banners from the current banner to a new image. Nothing else needs to be changed other than whats in the background of the current banner. So in other words, you will simply modify 3 existing flash banners to have a new background image. Nothing big nothing special involved here, I will supply you the .FLA file you just need to change background image / effect. This is very simple work so I don't expect a big price on this.
I need you to create a basic “Catalog” in flash. What I mean by this is when you view it online it should look like your looking at a Paper Catalog. In other words its should feel like your looking at a printed catalog.
Here are the requirements:
1) The catalog must be in Flash + Action Script (unless you have a better suggestion)
2) The catalog must have a “Back” button on the bottom left (takes you to the previous page)
3) The catalog must have a “Next” button on the bottom right (takes you to the next page)
4) The catalog must show “Page X of Y” in the middle to indicate what page your on
5) You should be able to Zoom in and Zoom out of the Page (scroll bars will appear if zoomed in too far)
6) When you click a NEXT or BACK button the page should “Flip”, as in an animation showing the actual page flipping, this will make it feel more like a real catalog, this page Flip animation is important and should look very nice.
7) The images MUST NOT BE HARD CODED into the .SWF, the images MUST be read dynamically from a (/images) directory. So [url removed, login to view] is page 1, [url removed, login to view] is page 2, [url removed, login to view] is page 3 and so on. There should be no limits on the number of images / pages that I can put in the /images directory. So you must NOT hard code this into the SWF. Your SWF should read the directory and setup as necessary to accommodate how ever many images are in the /images folder. The file name will indicate what page it is in the Catalog.
8) There should be a [url removed, login to view] file or some kind of external config file where I can specify the WIDTH and HEIGHT of the catalog so that it can fit nicely into the site, or be resized should I make changes on the website down the road.
1) You must indicate in your PM that you have FULLY read the entire instructions above
2) Please do not provide me tons of samples you have done in the past, provide me no more than 5 of your BEST work. If you post tons of URL's you will not be selected as it will prove you have not read this all. Please show me just 5 of your BEST CUSTOM flash jobs which show some interaction with the end user.
3) You must be able to work on Eastern Standard Time (Canada), if you can not please do not bid on this project.
4) You must be a TRUE flash professional, not someone that claims to be, this will require you to demonstrate you can create custom flash and action scripts as needed to cover the above requirements. I am expecting you to know flash inside and out such that you can complete this project and make it look good.
5) You must be skilled with custom graphics, please show me 2 or 3 samples of the BEST logos, or custom graphics you have made for other customers. You will need to make this look like a real catalog so professional computer graphic skills are a MUST.
6) You must read and write excellent English so there are no communication problems between us.
7) You must have MSN/Yahoo Messenger to communicate as well as email.
8) You will need to provide the FULL .FLA and all graphics you create for this project, I will retain the original files for my backups.
9) If you don't meet all the above please don't bid.
I don't want all the above to look scary its just here so you have a VERY clear idea of whats needed. Nothing is more frustrating that starting a project only to find out the person you select can not do what they said or expects more money than was agreed on. The above should just serve to make perfectly clear what I need before you bid.
Sorry, one last thing, I only choose the project of $300-$1500 because it's the only option GAF provides, I am not expecting any quote even close to near the upper bounds of this limit. If your quote is up there please do not bid as you wont be selected.
Thanks and Good Luck!