We operate an Australian training business serving a national market with some international aspects. We operate our own Web and content servers (Cpanel on linux), Standalone LMS (Canvas & EDx), Registry, DNS and SQL servers. We are seeking an experienced Wordpress developer to assist us with ongoing development and maintenance of our web presence, simplify our ecommerce (currently Woocommerce but open to suggestions), develop student calendar project, and improve our membership programs.
We are not interested in any agencies or web farm operators. We are looking for an ongoing relationship with an individual who will take personal responsibility for the work involved.
Proposal is working on an hourley rate or individual piece work rate for the project involved. Websites continue to evolve over time and we maintain about 5 major brands/domains as part of our product offering amongst 70 or so domains we hold for other possible projects. For the right person this can be a rewarding longer term engagement.
Initial Priorities required:
1. Improve speed of web sites.
2. Improve ease of purchasing process for customers. Review clunkiness of woocommerce and advise on alternatives. Implement new system
3. Allow the redemption of coupons for 1 on 1 training/mentoring sessions with selection of mentors.
4. Ensure that any changes do not prevent linking of transactions to Quickbooks and improve linkages to Nimble CRM and Mailchimp
5. Link self hosted Live Agent help desk (phone interface) and add a chat bot that links through to Nimble CRM
6. Improve visual appearance.
7. Repair broken links and retire outdated content
Current software in use
- Website – Wordpress with Elementor and Astra on CPanel VPS
- Humanatix – event bookings fees on paid purchases only
- Canvas LMS – main courses with significant training support
- Thinkific LMS – simplified training with limited intervention and auto assignment of certificates
- Nimble CRM - Sales marketing
- MailChimp Email Marketing generalised institutional content
- Live Agent Existing Client Support Help Desk - 1300 and internal telephone system, social media and chat referrals
Current Situation and Issues
- Website - Currently Wordpress with Elementor - Site is slow, dated and has too many plug in’s and pages, has broken links and duplication. Changes would need to be made with a live site and redirections ensured to avoid breaking links and updating site map for search engines.
- eCommerce - Currently WooCommerce – Shopping cart process is not streamlined. Need to ensure that it connects with Quickbooks, Nimble CRM and MailChimp if changes are made. Problems getting variables on products to work. Costly with several plugins for WooCommerce.
- Merchant facilities - Eway, BPAY, Direct Banking, Stripe, Shopify - anything BUT Paypal. Protection from scamming a high priority
- Coupons and Pre-Purchase - Provide a way for people to redeem coupons for a session with a mentor and to book in for those sessions.
- Membership – Currently using a WooCommerce Membership Plugin and SmartCat Directory – Review and recommend a less labour intensive (self-service ideally) approach to managing members and their profiles. We want a rich content directory for members with variables based on their qualifications, locations, services provided etc ideally with testimonials link. We operate a national professional association membership association and provide a government approved complaint handling service for thast profession.
- Analytics and Addwords – Having trouble getting tags and connections to Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Google Shopping to work properly.
- Events – Currently using Events Calendar and Humanatix – Manual two location process. Ideal would be a calendar that does everything properly on the website
- Images – images not optimised with some too large and potentially some old ones not properly procured
- Chat bot implement and link