Convert an existing image plugin. Recommended plugins for conversion: “Draw Attention”, “ImageLinks”, although you may use others if you wish. The converted plugin should have the below features:
1. Image map - allow me, the WP admin, to upload any image I want (jpg, png) to serve as the map. The image map that I want to use is approximately 1800x1800px. An example of this image map is provided in the attached - see 1. Example Image Map).
2. Interactive map – I, the WP admin, can designate which areas on the image map can be made clickable as well as designate the target url, and when the area is clicked, it will take the visitor to a specific post/page. The example image map shows a number of circle objects – these objects will be made clickable. When visitors on my website move their mouse over these clickable circle objects, they should see a hover effect – eg. Circle will grow or red outline will appear around the circle (depending on which is easier, but having a grow animation is preferred). Currently, WP has clickable image plugins (eg. [login to view URL]), but these plugins don't have the zoom in/out map functions mentioned above. I should also be able to designate a certain “tag” for each of these clickable objects, to accommodate a search function described in point 3 below.
3. Map features - Users should be able to zoom in or zoom out of the map (with the aid of plus or minus buttons seen in the picture below or magnifying icon buttons, can also zoom in/out with mouse scroll button or by stretching fingers for mobile phone screens). The map should also have a search bar, that allows users to search areas on the map. In point 2 above, I mentioned that certain areas on the map is clickable. These clickable areas should also have a designated search tag, so that when users search for a word that matches a certain tag, the map will centre around the clickable area for this tag. An example of the map layout and relevant features is provided in the attached - 2. sample map.
4. Save data- If the user has logged in to their account on our website, all the points on the map that the user has clicked on before should be saved. These areas that has been clicked on before represent places on the map that the user has visited in the past. We want the map to reflect this, by having markers around all these areas that the user has clicked on in the past. For the marker, you may use a green tick mark. I should also be able to upload my own custom image to serve as the marker (you don’t need to create a dedicated feature on changing the marker image, you can just tell me how to modify the code in order to change the image).
1. Responsive layout for laptop and mobile phone displays (if you can make it responsive for ipads, that would be a bonus).
2. Compatible with PHP 5.6 to 8.0 (inclusive),
3. Work with my current version of Wordpress (5.4.1) as well as the latest version (5.7.2)
4. Work with my custom theme (you may check out my theme by going on to WP, let me know and I’ll give you logon details)
5. the plugin can allow for multiple different image maps to be made (standard feature of most image plugins)
6. each image map can be inserted into a page/post by a short-code (standard feature of most map plugins)
7. when the user opens the image map, the image view should start at the center of the image.
Based on the above, can you please contact me and confirm you can do the task based on the description, your quote, when you can start, and your estimated time for completion. Many thanks!