Conduct a needs analysis by obtaining additional information about your identified problem(the problem is that African American boys being labeled as ADHD and sent to special education classes)is from others through the use of observation, interviews, focus groups, achievement tests, surveys, or other appropriate data-gathering instruments. In your needs analysis, do the following:
A. Summarize the instructional problem from your literature review (RLT1 508.2.5-03-06, 08, 09) that you will analyze and address throughout the rest of the instructional design tasks.
B. Discuss the difference between the current conditions and the desired conditions related to the problem you have chosen.
C. In a description of the data collection instruments you used, include an explanation as to why these instruments were appropriate as you applied them.
1. Describe the data source to be used with each instrument.
2. In an appendix at the end of the analysis, provide examples of data collection instruments you used.
3. Describe the data gathered through computerized sources of information (e.g., state testing results databases, public health records).
D. Describe the data analysis techniques you used.
E. Summarize the results of your analysis.
1. Provide your summary in an organized table. (You may use multiple tables if desired.)
F. Discuss the findings of your needs analysis.
G. Discuss how the results of your analysis demonstrate that there is a need for instruction to solve the problem.
H. Write an instructional goal statement in which you:
1. Provide a general statement of learner outcomes.
2. Use a measurable verb to describe what the learner will be able to do.
3. Relate the goal statement to the identified problem and needs assessment.
I. If you choose to use outside sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.