1. What I have decided is to update and change the existing beachtown website so that it works with the latest PHP 7.4 and the latest WordPress edition.
At this moment if I update the WordPress the drop down menu items don’t show so that why it’s still on the old edition of WordPress.
The theme that the site is based on was heavily customised by a friends company many years ago and before the child theme option was invented.
This is why I cannot update the them maybe this would be something to look at as a solution to the WordPress issues?
2. The property listing search page see link [login to view URL] screen shot listing search
this needs to include a search for the local area or neighbourhood at the moment it has city and then location as regards to things like ocean view, beachfront etc. I need the local neighbourhood added above city as some people looking will want a property in a specific area.
See screen shot add location to search.
3. The site does have search options such as list and map view these are only visible after the client does a property search or if the menu property or sub menus are clicked [login to view URL] see screen shot map view.
I want this option to be shown inside the large search box along with the other options so clients can search from the home page using maps, list or grid view if required.
4. You will see that when the map loads it gives and option of check boxes for property types, this needs to be moved so it’s not over the zoom icons, its also needs to have the city and neighbourhoods as one list adding and instruction buttons so clients know what it does and how to use it. The neighbourhoods to be a drop down check list that they can search multiple locations at once.
5. The search keyword option this only works for a city or neighbourhood I would like it to work if I search for items like Penthouse, luxury apartment etc. or a developments name its not picking up any of the tags that each listing has can you get it to do this.
6. I would like the clients to be able to add properties to a list of favorites see screen shot favourites a compare option would also be great to add so they can have a list see this link from the other site I was building it was not set up but this link shows how it worked and settings that you can copy [login to view URL]
7. The individual listings page this needs to be changed so that it looks a lot more modern so that the listing is split into three pages one being the description with videos and gallery the other being documents, floor plans etc. and the last the location and map.
8. The gallery needs to be able to accept 40 photos and I would like it to look like this on the listing page see this link [login to view URL]
But to be full screen gallery at the moment all our images are set to one size but for the future I want to add any size image both vertical and horizontal
This is another idea for the gallery this is another one of my sites that I built from a theme, its still under construction. [login to view URL]
9. The blog post page both the list view and the individual blog page, I would like this updating so it’s a larger format using full page larger text and a better look, I like this look but don’t want to copy it as they are a competitor [login to view URL]
10. Social media sharing I want the site to post automatically listings and blogs
11. The mailpoet newsletter this is okay but I am sure that I can get more subscribers to our website any ideas of gaining more would be welcome!
12. The whole site needs to load fast and be able to be viewed on phones and tablets especially iPhone.