I need my online shop to allow for recurring orders. I have been thinking about the best way to handle this and my solution has been this:
* For each product the purchaser has the option to add to cart or add to recurring order.
* The cart is used for a one-off order the but recurring order is held in the database.
* This order is then assigned a delivery schedule. i.e. weekly, monthly etc
* The recurring order can be modified a set number of days before the next dispatch is due.
* It can be cancelled by the user.
* The user can pause the order for any number of weeks.
* Billing is automated.
We also require that the delivery date and the time to be specific. I'm looking for something similar to what Asda's online store has.
I want the user to select the date on which they want the delivery to be made, this day then expands to show all the time slots available that day, such as:
9am - 11am
11am - 1pm
1pm - 3pm
3pm - 5pm
We require the customer to register before making an order, this way we have their postcode. I require the website to be connected to some mapping software or site so we can locate each customer.
Using the customer's postcode in conjunction with mapping software and then by using mapping software it's possible to calculate the distance between two points, therefore setting a distance limit for each slot. Therefore, if you have 5 customers within 1 mile of each other those deliveries can be made quickly and thus more deliveries in that time slot.
I also wish to sign up to Protx (online payment company) and use them for charging the customer and also for recurring billing.