Social Engineering based on Eavesdropping
Eavesdropping is defined as secret and unauthorized listening to someone's conversation. For example, a listener might sit directly behind a target user in a public space and try to listen to their conversation, without the target user noticing. Eavesdropping is a type of human-based social engineering that aims to gather sensitive information from users. Human-based Eavesdropping is considered a major threat in public venues, but it is hard for people to ask others to leave or change their positions. There is a leak of literature review that proposes a technical solution that could help users to mitigate eavesdropping in public. Previous work proposed non-technical solutions, such as physical pieces of advice, user awareness, and user education.
An eavesdropping attack can be challenging to detect because it is based on human behavior, and the listener will appear to have no malicious intent. Moreover, physical eavesdropping does not need any technical technique to complement it, and that makes it easier for anyone to do physical eavesdropping and gather sensitive information from a target user. Thus, Homeland Security considers physical-based eavesdropping a major threat with no ability to mitigate or detect.
AFTER YOU UNDERSTAND THIS TOPIC PLEASE WRITE:
1. One page for Introduction
2. One page for motivation (You can include some statistical reports, such as 80% of student are reported that faced eavesdropping in their classrooms from their classmate who sitting beside them)
3. Two pages for existing methods (What has been done before- Including their limitations)
4. Most of the references must be comes from academic articles.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT:
1. Do not include any eavesdropping attack based on network because these is big difference between them because this based on networks and what I am looking for based on human behaviors.
2. I will not accept any method that is not based on reduce eavesdropping.
3. Avoid any redundant writing