Louisiana based web services firm looking to outsource a web design project for a local photography studio who specializes in high school senior photography. We are looking for a web developer/designer to take this project from start to finish.
The development of this site will allow internet visitors the opportunity to learn about the studio’s photography products, services, and promotions. Additionally, guests of this website will have the ability to view and interact with online photo galleries. We expect this promotional site to:
- Extend the photography studio’s media outreach, expanding on existing marketing and advertising campaigns; serving to reinforce the quality of services and demonstrate the exciting and relaxed organizational atmosphere
- Create a community for high school seniors, to share their thoughts, vote on their favorite senior photos, and create friendly competition between local high schools.
- Increase walk in business, phone calls, and bookings
- Position the photography studio in top internet search results for Slidell residents who are looking for photography services for their high school seniors
- Give site visitors an immediate impression of professionalism
- Allow site visitors to find information in the site as easily and efficiently as possible
- Obtain newsletter sign-ups and to add individuals to the studio’s marketing database
Product Requirements and Specifications:
- The site will consist of several sections, including the following sections and pages:
• Public Side
- About Us
- Contact Us
• A contact form with necessary spam filtering technologies will be available on this page
• A simple site search will be available on all pages, and a dedicated page will be available for advanced site queries.
- Public portfolios
• The public portfolios will be subdivided into multiple categories. The client needs the option of easily adding or removing portfolio categories (senior pictures, children’s pictures, etc.)
• When viewing a portfolio category, a scrollable list of thumbnail images will be displayed. Selecting a thumbnail will trigger an enlarged version of its image to be displayed in a large centralized content area.
• Private Side
- CMS console
• A content management system (CMS) will be implemented, allowing the approved personnel the opportunity to update content, add or remove pages from the site, and add images to the public and private portfolios as necessary.
- Private portfolio
• The private portfolios will be accessible with an authorized user name or password. Like the public portfolios, these images will be listed with small thumbnails.
- The website must be cross browser compatible for all major browsers, and also be section 508 / WCAP Priority I or higher compliant.
Deliverables and Communications
- PDD will provide a single point of contact to communicate with the selected vendor
- PDD will turn around all approvals or feedback requests in three to five business days. Typically, most approvals and feedback will be provided within one business day.
- PDD will prepare all copy and final images for all products and portfolios
- Style guide will be provided by PDD
Platform and Language Requirements
- The site must be designed to run on an Apache server and must be programmed in recent versions of PHP and MySQL.
- All programming, scripting, and markup must adhere to the recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium.
Estimated Project Duration
The site launch is scheduled for February 1st, 2007.
Instructions and Basis for Award of Job
Bids should include the name and contact information of persons to be contacted for clarification of the bid. Proposals should summarize the project approach in regards to process, methodology, testing, and quality assurance. Proposals will be judged on team experience, quality of the proposed process, price, and experience and skill level of project managers.