About the company
Futech is a Belgian company specialized in green energy and solar panels.
We are looking for a simple and user-friendly app that allows people with a digital meter to consult data of their power consumption and injection in a simple and clear interface → historic data
- Why? So they can get an idea of their self-consumption. Based on their data we can see if they have solar panels or not → if there is injection, we know there is renewable energy.
- People need to be able to easily register themselves.
- Data access via Sandbox environment: consult and visualize data per day / week / month /… → visualize digital meter data
The app will obtain its data from an API with the digital meter for gas and electricity from the Belgian grid operator of electricity and natural gas.
As from july 2019, anyone who renovates or builds a new home and applies for a new electricity or gas meter will automatically receive a digital meter from the grid operator.
The digital meter can only show historic data (-1 day), so people can’t see their live injection or consumption.
Two target groups
- AVERAGE USER: Person with digital meter, but no solar panels → no injection, only consumption
Incentive: purchase solar panels
- PROSUMENT: Person with digital meter, with solar panels → injection and consumption → overproduction of power during daylight hours, underproduction at night
Incentive: purchase battery storage to save excess energy
⇒ This allows us to provide personal recommendations in a later phase
- Ownership of source code
Futech becomes owner of the source code.
- Available for Android, iOS and web
Experience teaches Futech that the development of native apps requires a lot of maintenance. Futech suggests using Flutter (an open source toolkit from Google), or any other tool, to develop apps for iOS, Android and the web with 1 codebase.
- Cross-platform development with 1 codebase
Developers of both parties should be able to encode remotely and all changes should be saved in real time.
- Support of real-time data (streaming) and offline use
Futech wants to show live data in the app of the energy consumption.
- Attractive user experience
The underlying calculations regarding the processing of the data from the digital meter are done in the backend of Futech. These calculations need to be translated into an app tailored to the end user with an attractive user interface.
- Modular expansion
The app will be developed for the “minimal user”, who only owns a digital meter. We need a flexible design that can be expanded with widgets such as solar panels, battery storage, charging module for electric cars, etc.