I am an entrepreneur working on a new business idea. I would like to create a commercial website (aimed at businesses) which allows customers to fill in a questionnaire, pay online and then receive a customised report with certain relevant information. The report will be generated automatically based on the customer’s responses to the questionnaire and will be downloadable in PDF form. Note that there will likely be several stages to this project, but I am currently only seeking quotes in respect of stage 1 (the minimum viable product). It is a proof of concept and therefore does not need to be particularly sophisticated or visually polished, but the site does need to work properly as it will be used commercially immediately. If I accept your quote I will ask you to sign a confidentiality agreement and can then share more detailed information about the nature of the site.
The questionnaire will consist of yes or no style questions. Each response will be designed to assess whether certain information applies to the customer. A “yes” response would mean that all information relevant to that question should be included in the report. If the answer is “no”, then no text relating to that particular topic will be included in the report.
To achieve this, a master template report will be created which will contain all the information that would be relevant assuming that the customer answers “yes” to every question. The text in the report will therefore be in a pre-determined order and will be formatted in a pre-determined style. Each section of the report (which could consist of one paragraph or multiple paragraphs) will be tagged with one or more keywords. The keyword would probably be the section number, but could also alternatively be a keyword that describes what the text is about.
Each answer to the questionnaire will then correspond to one or more keywords – i.e. a certain piece of text in the master report. A yes answer means the relevant paragraph(s) from the master template report should be included in the customer report. “No” means the relevant paragraphs will be excluded. Please see the attachment for a worked example of this.
In addition to the above, please note that whether certain text should be included in the customer report will in many cases depend on the answer to more than one question. For example, if one paragraph in the master report relates to two topics, then we need to ask two questions (one about each topic) to determine whether the paragraph should be included in the report. Only if both questions are answered “yes” would the paragraph be included.
SUMMARY - Stage 1 minimum viable product:
In the front end:
• Customers access the website and fill out an online questionnaire. At the end of the questionnaire, they pay a fee using a credit card or Paypal. It should be possible to enter discount codes and other vouchers.
• After paying, the customer can immediately download its customised report in PDF form from the website.
• Customers would also be automatically emailed a link to download their report at a later date if they wish to. This would be time–limited (e.g. 30 days) after which time the file would be deleted and they would not be able to download it again.
In the back end:
• A master template report would be created and each section/paragraph would be assigned keywords which correspond to answers to the questionnaire.
• An administrator must be able to easily edit and change the text in each section of the master report, and the questionnaire/generated report must be updated automatically. This is because the information in the report will periodically need to be changed or updated. An administrator must therefore be able to easily change the text, re-order paragraphs, add new paragraphs, etc without needing to re-program the corresponding coding for answers to the questionnaire.