I need an e-commerce website built and launched utilising an existing payment gateway (square). The site will be focused on an event-based principle and needs to have a backend that is easy to update and stable. Below is an outline of the concept.
1. Our site will offer a single product, of limited qualities, for sale at a time. This product will be a ‘Beauty Box’ with different items featured in the box each time it is renewed.
2. Our social media followers will be given a warning as to when a new box is to be launched. Once these warnings go out – usually a week or two in advance – our website will feature a countdown timer which will be set by us on the backend of the site, counting down to a specific time and date.
3. Once this countdown reaches ZERO, the latest ‘Beauty Box’ will go live. The page will need to feature a BUY NOW option and a counter that shows how many units of the ‘Box’ are available. This will count down with each sale until SOLD OUT.
4. During the period between the Countdown Timer beginning and the sale going live, we will have ‘sneak-peak’ images of some items that will be included in the box.
5. We will also need a special 'Pop-Up' Box that will offer an exclusive sale item for immediate sale. This will only be used occasionally and will need to have the option of being switched on or offer by us in the back-end.
Additional features of the site will need to include the following:
1. Link to a Blog page for additional editorial content.
2. A Pop-up Window for ‘How It Works’ (Graphic)
3. Prominent Social Media Buttons
5. Instagram Gallery
6. Pages for: FAQ – T&Cs – Shipping – About Us –– Subscribe field.
7. Contact Us & B2B email links (emails to be created)
8. The option to send an email to our Subscriber list. This will need to be a standard format to be determined.
Our demographic is primarily women aged 18 to 35 and our aesthetic is based around pastel colours with a mid-century modern undertone. The idea is to present a calming, fun and comfortable experience. The design should reflect this with a clean, sophisticated layout.
Our ‘Boxes’ are presented as Limited Editions and the Countdown Timer designed to create a buzz and an ‘immediateness’ top hitting the ‘BUY NOW’ button. However, we don’t want it to feel aggressive or intimidating, hence the soft colour pallet we are incorporating into the site.
Similar care, and continuity should be taken with the Blog Page.
We utilise the Square payment gateway and will need to make sure that this is implemented into the site as our payment gateway. Because we are operating on a fast transaction concept, we need checkout to be fast, smooth and secure. Quick, but trustworthy.