Position: Website Developer
Location: Telecommute; Meetings in Sacramento, CA and San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Job Type: Paid internship/job
Company: We Stay Green, LLC
About We Stay Green, LLC
• Join a growing, environmentally-focused start-up company and develop high profile, hands-on experience as a major contributor to the design, architecture, and development of a worldwide social networking environmental movement.
• Company is dedicated to promote bilateral environmental responsibility between companies and consumers.
• Company will provide companies with a dynamic representation of how green their public perception is, while individual consumer’s personal “greenscores” will allow participants to strive for a higher level of environmental awareness.
• Develop, maintain and update company web content
• Assist in developing design prototypes, site navigation, and layout of content
• Implement clear, effective web pages and integrate with needed marketing elements
• Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; and recommend improvements as necessary.
• Build website using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible
• Fulfill project requests while meeting deadlines
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• 1-3 years experience in web development (Java/Perl/Python/Ruby)
• Experience with Macromedia Flash.
• Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, an online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions
• Familiarity with SQL and MySQL
• Experience with MVC frameworks
• Solid track record of execution (got-it-done)
• Ability to work well independently
• BS degree (preference will be given to MS) in Computer Science or related field
• Interest in environment, social networking, web design, and being responsible for the original design and development of a worldwide social movement