I need a Flite ([url removed, login to view]) component built for a dynamic banner ad I'm working on for a travel website. The objective is to display over top of an existing background animation a dynamically changing price based on the contents of a JSON feed. The custom component I need developed would parse this data and display it. The dynamic ad platform is Flite ([url removed, login to view]), and the component would be built with ActionScript 3 using the Flite Ad API 3 and Metrics API ([url removed, login to view]).
This is not a full-blown Flash banner ad you'd be building but rather a chunk of ActionScript code carried in a SWF file that is called by the ad platform and communicates via the API and as such is really a programming task (for a programmer), not a design task (for a creative user of Flash).
The developer will provide source code and assistance for installing the finished project, as well as debugging any issues that arise. Please see the detailed requirements attached.
1. The component you build queries a web services API that the website has provided to access their data as a JSON feed.
2. The component extracts the lowest-priced offer and related URL from the feed.
3. The component then communicates with another object in the ad (a background animation already loaded by the ad platform, from a separate SWF we'll be receiving from the creative agency) to begin.
4. At the appropriate time (however many seconds in, depending on the animation we receive) your component renders the text "from $PRICE" in a particular font, size and style and displays it on top of the animation launched in step 3 for a specified amount of time.
5. During the entire duration of the ad, your component makes the entire area of the ad clickable to the link from the feed.
6. The component logs (using the Metrics API) a count of the impressions for each displayed price and logs the price that was on-screen for each clickthrough using data counters.
This is not a hard-and-fast set of rules for how it needs to be written; it's just as best as I can imagine it. Any ideas you would have for implementing this more effectively would be welcome. This is a smaller-scale pilot project but if it goes well there may be further opportunities to develop custom components on this platform.
Please read the project first and write the word "Understood". Also write your steps and suggestions to complete the project with a short description of what you understood.
1 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 250 $ tähän työhön
Hi, I am an experienced and professional flash developer/programmer and ready to finish the job. Please check your inbox for more details of my bid. Thanks!