We've got one of our stores in a MagentoGo format and need to update and move over to a Magento CE platform.
Specifics, Steps, and Criteria of Completion:
1. Install Magento on our 'build' server.
2. Install our pre-selected theme
3. Move all static pages and existing catalog from MagentoGo to the new MagentoCE 'build' site
4. Customize the new theme homepage with a 'Graphics Driven Catalog Slider'
5. Hold our hand as we upload the rest of the catalog images
6. Customize each category page with a our pre-selected header images
7. Migrate whole site away from our 'build' server over to our 'live' server
8. Install 'Coming Soon' countdown timer on homepage
9. Configure SSL for new site
10. Configure Payment Gateway
11. Configure shipping options
12. Tweak, test, and debug up to and including full live status ( "Open for Business" )
This is a pretty easy project for a saavy magento person, but it needs to be done on a pretty fast timeline and needs to be done very professionally as our site traffic is about 2,000UV/day.
I'm calling it 5 to 20 hours and should take about a week. We'll provide all the graphic art and content, so mostly this is all SYSOP stuff...