We are a London-based fashion store looking to make a big impact online. You will need to design, develop and deploy a brand new, fully functional dynamic e-commerce website – from back-end to front-end -which is custom built and coded to our specifications. The vision is to construct and link a comprehensive database with our primary e-commerce website, with a view to developing a second website later, also connected to the same database of stock etc. Our final goal is to have a central database which serves our high street store, and two individual websites – each having individual content and appearance.
We will be very closely involved throughout the project and will offer all necessary support and materials (product info/photos etc). Looking ahead, we would need full access to the back-end to allow for any upgrades or adjustments that we may later decide upon and therefore we need the coding to be illustrated and passed on to us should we ever decide to extend its usage.
Our core functionality:
- A professional, attractive and very easy-to-use/navigate commerce website.
- Clear and simple Shopping Cart integration (e.g. Zen-Cart) to maximise purchases.
- Integration with couriers and online payment gateways, specifically Protx/SagePay and PayPal.
- A comprehensive database of products/details built in and dynamically integrated to the site. Developed to allow for easy editing of site contents (e.g. products, photos, categories, menu items) in the future through a CMS/Administration Panel.
- Automated email notification, providing receipts and transaction details of orders placed.
- Admin access to individual transaction details - including products bought, shipping details, consumer profile - and admin access to full archive of orders, stock control, weekly/monthly reporting etc.
- Ability to integrate both in-store purchases and web purchases with the central stock database (e.g. for in-store items create product barcodes that the system can recognize)
- User-friendly Interface and intuitive site structure with a strong focus on usability and accessibility.
- Layout and appearance of the website optimized to communicate a strong brand and image (hence some graphic and logo development work involved), whilst maintaining full compatibility with effective SEO techniques for search engines, especially Google.
- Offer clear, functional Browse and Search methods for consumers. Focus browsing primarily via Product Type or Brand Name or style name, potentially with additional filters, whilst a ‘Quick Search’ textbox should also be provided for the consumer.
- Support easy, intuitive navigation around the site.
- Login/Register with Personal Account functionality including: order history, tracking, wish-lists, account details, consumer profile.
- Express Checkout functionality, so consumers do not have to register to make a purchase.
- Effective and comprehensive SEO to ensure online visibility for the store.
- Creative and effective product item pages, including pan/zoom functionality on product images (examples will be provided).
- Features such as ‘Recommended items’ based on what is viewed, ‘Most popular’ items, ‘New products’, ‘Recently viewed’, etc
- Additional pages - Contact Us (both a contact form and direct email/phone), About Us, Latest News – all of which must be easy to access and edit regularly in the future.
- Include options for Special Offers, Promotional Codes, Gift Wrapping and the ability to purchase Gift Vouchers (option for email and print).
- Link from the website through to social network accounts such as Twitter/Facebook/Myspace.
- Quick and easy ‘Sign-up to Newsletter’ textbox on the homepage, accepting consumers email address and adding directly to a Newsletter mailing-list.
We hope to develop an on-going relationship with the developer, regarding mutual support on this project as well as the potential for additional e-commerce websites to be built in the near future.
We are looking at a time-scale of around 6 weeks for completion of an up-and-running, fully functional e-commerce solution. The developer should be flexible for some alterations and be able to share and work with us on this project, giving us regular progress reports and allowing input and feedback.