I am looking for an experienced IT professional of computer games and game networks to take my project listing and make it professional. By professional, I mean that the project listing or design spec should be made detailed enough that bidding consulting firms encounter no significant ambiguities and that I have not overlooked any missing steps or, for example, back end administrative and maintenance operations.
I am not an IT professional. I'm a marketer by trade. I have written up what I want do to my best ability (see link at the bottom of this section) but know it isn't what a computer consulting firm needs to make a bid on. That is what I'm seeking from you.
Now a few things about what I'm wanting done.
1) I am not set on what computer language or platform to use for it. I have had people recommend I use C+, C++, Flash, Java, and other computer languages. Some recommend a downloadable client and others recommend it be web-based. When you make your bid, I want to know which you think it should be done in/on and why. Also, why you wouldn't do it in other languages or platforms.
2) If possible, I want it designed so that I can break up the project into components and have these produced by different programmers who might have work experience doing a component but not having experience doing other components.
3) If possible, I would like its network to be essentially a p2p network so its players who volunteer and have unlimited high-speed internet connections can help host the poker site. This to save bandwidth cost.
4) I want you to estimate how long it will take you to do this project, how long the whole program will likely take to construct, and, if it can be broken down into parts, each component.
5) I want you to tell what credentials I should be seeking in the programmers for the entire program or each component.
If you are part of a computer consulting firm that can give 24/7 technical support to the poker site, that's fine and your firm is welcomed to bid later for the project. However, right now I am just looking for the project listing to be done.
Please provide any credentials or experience relevant to this project, as well as references from past clients. If yours is a multi-person firm, explain how you insure clients that the persons with the advertised experience are actually the ones who are working on the project.
Here is a link where what I've written up for the project listing can be found.
[url removed, login to view]