We are a small software company that needs some assistance on a small project currently underway. Our developer fell ill and now we must seek out someone to replace him.
Here's a description of the project. What I'm looking for is someone to provide me with a good description/overview of how they would tackle the project, and we will look to choose the best approach.
The system will be for an inventory and shipping portal designed for use by customers to a warehousing company. The warehousing company requires that their customers be able to come to their website and login to a portal, and view their own product inventory and shipment details. The inventory and shipment details are all stored in their existing warehouse management system database. It is a MS Access database.
- Automatically pull data from existing MS Access dbase from selected tables, and display to user in web site in a report/tabular format.
- User will only be able to view their product & shipping data from the database. I.e. they will not be able to view another customer's shipments and product inventory.
- The data should be updated in the online Web system periodically throughout the business day. 2 to 3 times at a minimum. So a script will be required that pulls the latest updated data and sends and stores the data online.
- The warehousing company would like to also send email notifications once certain statuses are updated for the shipment details. I.e. for every status change, and email is generated and sent to the user.
- FInally the warehousing company would like to send an email with attachments to the user at certain times. On demand, with data from certain tables, as a PDF formatted document.
We are very open to using Open Source solutions. I have an interest in using Pentaho if possible to display the data online, so that we can design, add, and update the reports as needed.
There will ikely be additional projects beyond this one covering the same type of solution with some additional changes as needed by future customers.
So we are looking for someone preferably who would be open to doing ongoing work with us.
Any questions, please send us a message. We are looking to make a selection rather quickly.