Programmer / Website platform Ecommerce Pro with vast knowledge of and experience in content management and ecommerce options. Our existing website needs to be converted / migrated to something which allows extremely easy self-administration / content management (content changes, new article uploads etc). The creation of a linked or integrated ecommerce / store is also required. Please no ‘catches’ such as hosting lock-ins (although recommendations will be considered) or hidden add-on requirements/costs.
• Very professional free information website (HTML site with some embedded flash – banners etc) which needs to grow to keep it funded.
• We need to be able to make regular content changes and additions to grow the site and also to work on the store aspect of the site. We also need to take over the basics of all administration on both fronts.
The website has evolved over the last few years with our own content, however we have somehow managed to spend literally thousands (adding up over time) on what we have now found out to be a site which has been so uniquely customised by the graphic designer that there is no way we can take things over given lack of knowledge in website design and creation, html and other coding.
• The website therefore needs to be converted / migrated into something which will enable an easy edit of the content, links adding etc without coding knowledge (or alternatively at least with some easy learning material / short step-by-step guide).
• The store itself is only basic in terms of functions required (but currently it too is a rather hybrid customised creation and all new items we wish to add have to be manually done by the graphic designer in the customised manner and tested and retested etc). It needs effectively to be re-created as we understand it and either integrated or linked in.
• The store need only be very basic in its design, as long as it fits smoothly and elegantly in with our existing overall look of our website and branding (colours, lines, logo etc).
• Our biggest predicament is that according to our hosting service (when enquiring about possible options), if we were to purchase an easy to use instant store type of product and create/edit and upload it, it would completely wipe the rest of our website and all the work and money that has been put into it to date. They don’t seem to know of a way to add/integrate or link it to our site without wiping the existing design and content or purchasing a new similar domain name and redirecting purchasers to the ‘shop’. This would mean a doubling up of domain name ownership and a doubling up of hosting costs.
A. Website conversion/transition/integration to fully set up and ready to go so that we can self-administer most aspects easily in terms of content and image changes, adding links, banners etc (Content Management System). Keeping website looking as close to currently is as possible. Your advice that there will have to be some variations is however expected. Current Flash items need to be retained (banners etc).
B. Fully Operational Store (your workload in terms of adding items – only four to add/upload and we will do the rest; we do not expect this store to become particularly large).
• Site Integration
• LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) ?
• Content Management System (easy to use as we do not have much experience with html, we want to be able to add or delete product, product info, pictures etc.)
• SEO Friendly
• Flash possibility
• Custom layout w/graphics
• Custom Coding (mailing list set up, widgets, etc)
• Ability to easily add Pages set up for content (we want to have X pages - this is for content only - each page will have the same design, such as Contact Us, etc; only the content will change). Perhaps a choice of templates or easy set up of header boxes, image placement and content placement to allow some flexibility and variation for some pages but overall background design the same
• Assistance in setting up a mailing list
• Full and smooth transition so that the website operates as currently does (emails setup; hyperlinks etc)
• Database that we can store client information so we can send emails on sale, promotions, etc.
• Complete shopping cart installation and integration – see comments above under Situation/Predicament. Logo added and basic design that fits nicely with existing website (themes colours etc), basic items/features but with ability to add increased features over time. To provide further instructions/details re wording and placements/layout.
• Website Security (to avoid hackers); certificate / mark and padlock image upon entering private areas (shopping cart etc)
• Smooth transition/integration of our existing third party merchant account and gateway without hitch.
Assume: We have no knowledge of HTML etc; extremely easy website updating is required.
• Site Search
• Basic catalogue building options (headers, sub-categories etc) plus Catalogue / Product Search
• Unlimited categories, products and options that can be added
• Unlimited options for each product
• Sale, Out of Stock and Inactive status capabilities for our products
• Description boxes for each of our categories and products etc
• Easy SEO built into each page and product to continue and build on search engine friendliness
• Featured Products (option to turn on if desired)
• Price Discounts (option to turn on if desired)
• Gift Certificates (option to turn on if desired)
• Discount voucher capability
• Basic Inventory Control (to come with or an easy cost effective add-on)
• Related Products
• Email a Friend; Make an Enquiry; Free Login/Registration to view certain Articles (to easily change details sought from viewers); Order confirmation email, payment successful emails etc (simply continuing as with many features already existing on website)
• Wholesale Capabilities - Password protected wholesale area allows qualified vendors to purchase items at their specific wholesale discount
Cart features we need:
• Automatic Shipping Calculator (Australia Post) also with ability for us to make easy changes and adjustments (for example, promotional offer might be free shipping overseas or reduced upon expenditure of certain amount; and then the ability for the cart to recognise this as soon as it recognises where the payment is being made from and the order is being sent to. Changes to order calculations will automatically be made. If required, an easy step by step letter/guide explaining any coding which needs to be entered to instruct the cart calculator software what to do /values etc.
• Choice of payment methods clearly displayed and (continuing) ability for purchasers to elect; plus a change of email order confirmation wording accordingly.
• Currency convertor for the overseas purchaser to view if possible (choice of currency icon etc).
• The option to turn on a drop down menu which allows purchasers, during the shopping cart process to choose one from a number of charities to which 10% of their purchase price will be donated (ability for us to add or edit charities easily). Confirmation details of charity chosen etc should come up in at the end of the shopping cart process and in the Order Confirmation email sent to purchasers.
• Customised Email Receipts
• Order Notifications
• Features/applications that enable us to know/find out as much as possible about our consumer/visitors.
• Full explanation/support in ‘getting going’ / website and shop familiarisation.