writing a full report and you will be uploading all your codes, examples, etc. with a detailed readme file.
1. PDF file scripting attack: In this project, the team will create malicious pdf files that will execute a malicious script when opened. The team will also demonstrate a defense mechanism against this attack.
2. Ransomware attack & protection: The team will be applying a ransomware attack scenario: The victim will download a malicious code and the ransomware will affect the system. Also, a defense mechanism needs to be demonstrated.
3. Buffer overflow attack: You will be applying a buffer overflow attack and demonstrate how it can give access to the attackers, how we can prevent, and defend our environment against such attacks.
4. Defense against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks: In this project, the team will show different techniques to detect and protect against DoS attacks. The team will create a DoS attack library with minimum 3 different types of attacks and demonstrate a defense algorithm.
5. Browser attacks: In this project, the team will create a malicious website that will infect a chosen web-browser (e.g., Firefox). A mitigation method will be also demonstrated.
6. ID management: Finding/implementing multiple different authentication mechanisms (username, password, 2-factor authentication, biometrics, and more), showing their pros and cons, combining them to create secure ID management.
7. Blockchain-based solutions: Implementing blockchain-based mechanism for storage, identity or computation, etc. along with the attack scenarios and possible mitigations.