I. Project: Gateway allowing interworking between MCPTT and TETRA
Allow interworking between MCPTT and TETRA (Thales) under ETSI standards, since ETSI defines the IWF for TETRA
This Gateway shall allow the following services, in order of priority (highest first):
1) Group calls
2) Emergency calls
3) Broadcast calls
4) Individual calls
5) SDS (short text)
a) We have a comprehensive description of the following MCPTT elements:
• Call flows
• Usage scenarios
b) We have C++ source code of a Tetra API (Windows) capable of managing a series of voice functions like PTT button events, call control events, etc.
• The project shall be managed and executed only in English or in Spanish.
• The voice shall never use analogic channels, only IP formats are to be used for voice.
• The usage of multiple IW-GW instances may be required in order to reach 100+ groups.
• Project milestones shall be defined and agreed, after each milestone completion its payment shall be issued.
• One or more VPN connections may be established to allow a remote connection for simulation tests, field tests and final ATP in real life conditions.
• All final source code shall be handed over and will belong to us after project completion.
• Respect all interworking principles such as:
◦ The end user devices should not need to act any differently
◦ The impact on MC system servers should be minimized
◦ To an MC system, an IWF should look like another MC system that belongs to a different security domain
V. Mandatory references:
• 3GPP TS 29.379 (Interworking, MCPTT call control)
• 3GPP TS 29.380 (Interworking, MCPTT media control)
• 3GPP TS 33.180 (MC system security)
• ETSI TR 103 565-1 (Study on interworking services)
• ETSI TR 103 565-2 (Study on interworking applications)
• ETSI TS 100 392-19-1 (Interworking protocol spec, draft)