A fully functioning payroll system developed in ACCESS to handle input files and process various payroll taxes, deductions, allowances, payslips and accounting analysis reports.
Every period we receive an excel file downloaded from quickbooks online, showing hours worked on each day in the period for each employee. The system should upload this file based on the period and not duplicate any entries. If an entry does not find an employee record then we should receive a report to add the employee etc.
We have sumbitted specs using an access database to show information we need to capture, you are free to create tables, forms, queries etc. using good programming conventions/syntax.
We will need the source code for future minor modification if necessary.
- excel file from Quickbooks Online
o Activity Date - ActivityDate
o Employee - Employee
o Product/Service - PaymentSchedule
o Duration - Duration
File is usually for specific pay period (either 1st to 15th of month, or 16th to end of month) but may be for different period.
Check for duplication in upload and prevent duplication – report for action by user.
See sample database. [url removed, login to view]
See query “qryEmployeeTaxNISCalc”
• Payslips – see Report “rptPayslips”
• Payroll details report to be exported to excel:
o Employee – FirstName, LastName
o Regular hours
o Overtime hours
o Sick hours
o Sunday hours
o Holiday hours
o Vacation hours
o Other hours
o Special hours
o Total hours
o Gross pay
o NIS employee
o Other deductions
o Total deductions
o Net pay
• Payroll export file – see table “tblDBFormat-Header”, “tblDBFormat-Detail”, “tblDBFormat-Trailer”. This file will be used by the recfeiving bank to upload amount to pay employees by direct deposit.
- need professionally-designed forms to allow changes to all the tables