Initially we need an Outlook Plug-in written. As we are new to GetAFreelancer this is really just a feeler project to see if the skills are out there for a much larger Outlook project we have, but using similar technology.
The actual code for the project will be fairly basic with only a couple of calls to an Exchange Server and a few registry key checks; whereas the licensing and deployment aspects may require more time and effort. Full project details will be given to a shortlist group of around 5 developers and then quotes can be re-adjusted if necessary.
1. The plug-in itself needs to support Outlook versions XP and above (XP, 2003 & 2007). Also, Exchange Server 2003 & 2007.
2. The plug-in reads a couple of variables off the Exchange Server and then displays it in a friendly way.
3. The plug-in has to support ‘advanced regions’ in Outlook which are new in 2007 – see [url removed, login to view] the required location. To enable backward support for older versions of Outlook the developer may have to use the tools from ‘Add-in Express’: [url removed, login to view]
4. We don't mind on the development language used as long as all requirements are met - from what we can see the options would be .NET (C# or VB), or Delphi.
Deployment & Licensing:
1. As this plug-in is going to be used on large sites we are hoping that it can be rolled up into a simple .MSI file for easy deployment without prompting the end user to install or trust the plug-in. Ideally we’ll be using Active Directory / Group Policy for deploying the app – so a MSI file is really the best option.
2. By default the application will install in a 14 day trial mode. The plug-in will check for this at Outlook start-up (from a system registry key) and ‘act’ appropriately.
3. The serial number for the application will need to sit in the system registry and override the ‘trial mode’. This doesn’t have to be included in the application deployment, but the serial number check and validation needs to happen at Outlook start-up.
Note that full details will be given to the shortlist. We believe we’ve provided enough information for initial bids, but please feel free to ask questions before placing a bid.
Sorry for the delay guys. I've had to extend the project out as I've had a motorcycle accident. I'll be back onto it in a few days and hopefully have it moving along again.
9 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 159 $ tähän työhön
The only problems that i foresee is the older versions of Outlook but if you have a registered versions of Add-in Express this shouldn't be a problem.
Very experienced microsoft system programmer. worked with both outlook 2003 & 2007 add-ins and with exchage 2003 & 2007. Solution will be delivered in c#.