<[url removed, login to view]> shows how the 2D appearance of this cartoon animated character has looked in the past. I want a 3D version that fits into the visual evolution. I can provide a Photoshop image of the last 2D version.
I would like ZBrush used to create the 3D model.? I would like:
- A fixed-cost bid for the initial work.
- Your hourly rate for future iterative refinements of the work, and
? ? your availability during February and March to do so.
Future iterative refinements will be done through RentACoder at the hourly-pay method, but only during hours when I am also available to work with you:? I am online 9AM to 10PM Mountain Standard Time? ( -7 GMT).
Further details see below.
My wishes for the 3D moose include:
- Cartoon-style eyes, not human or natural-animal style.
- subtle eyebrow ridges (which 2D moose lacks), that future animation of emotion.
- Smiling, cuteness, denoted by mouth, lips, cheek dimples, are very important.
- mouth will have lips, not a flat-ending slit.
- The old 2D ear is a problem. Replace with a slender ear hanging limply down somehow
? ? (artistry definately appreciated for this, and there'll likely be iterative work
? ? ? thereafter to try different ear ideas.)
- The bottom of the neck won't end in mid-air anymore. Curve it toward the background so no edge is visible.
- the round head won't be round. The back of the head will never be seen, nor the back of the antlers, on the ultimate animation.
? But make all sides of the figure anyway, in case I print 3D models for
? bobbleheads or car-hood ornament. The back of the head can be fairly flat.
- Choice of color and surface texture is yours for initial job. Iterative work thereafter at hourly rates will refine the appearance.
- Eyes will have blinking eyelids. I'd want to see eyes open, half-blinking and full-blink versions as part of the initial work.
- Mouth will eventually be animated for lip synchronizaton with speech,
(just something to keep in mind). Mouth shapes for lip-sync must be created eventually, but not part of this initial work.
But unlike most game animations, this project will start with designing animations of smiling, giggling, smirking, feeling amused, which is the mood the Moose is always in when he pops onto the screen.? Only after those look good, will transitions be designed, from smiling into phoneme mouth shapes, and back. He ends his joke with a smile and disappears.
For the initial work, provide a smile pose resembling the 2D picture, and a partially-open mouth shape as-if phonating "eeeeeeeee".
? ( The inside of the mouth, its teeth, tongue, gingival tissues, etc.. can be your artistic discretion initially.. to be subsequently refined with the iterative hourly work.)
- Surface texture eventually won't be fur, nor painted-on colors onto a flat surface.? Skin texture ala ZBrush will be refined during the iterative? stages.
Output of the initial work to be; a 3D model file,
some Photoshop format renderings with & without a background wall that shows a shadow, a video playable by windows media player, circling around the whole object.
The Talking Moose is copyright, and your output must be kept confidential until the final software is released. Thereafter, you can post the image in your portfolio with a suitable copyright notice shown.? The software will list you in credits as the 3D artist.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Feb 3, 2010 4:28:14 PM:
A bidder has asked about what outputs (deliverables) I need. They are: "Output of the initial work to be; a 3D model file, some Photoshop format renderings with & without a background wall that shows a shadow, a video playable by windows media player, circling around the whole object." I don't have 3D modelling software, so I can't personally view the 3D file that is a deliverable. I'll use the video to get an overview of it, and use the photoshop files for a closer look, and to allow me to edit it with marks and arrows to aid communications during the subsequent refinements. ( Subsequent refinements will be a private bid hourly-rate), posted thru Rentacoder.) There's a chance that multiple bidders could be accepted initially, so I can see ideas from several artists.