We are looking for talent to forge a part-time and long-term relationship for system administration of a small business. Most of work will be done for setting up and maintaining various software and systems infrustructure which can be done at reasonable pace so if you are looking for a second job this may work very well. However, some of the work may need to be urgent (but only in the future when we are online). Here's critical points for us:
- eagerness in helping us succeed (we are a small non-tech startup)
- 10+ years of very broad system administration experience
- proficiency in python (chosen main scripting language internally)
- fluency in technical English
- expectation of having frequent (and chargeable) phone communications
- we are based in Australia and our hourly rate of AU$15-20 depending on your skills
So here's a toy project for us to see if we may have a good fit. We have a Linux system which runs on standalone hardware, and we need help in virtualising it by moving to KVM/QEMU.
- script #1 - run on the source system side to create, (presumably) compress and save its image
- script #2 - to load the image to the KVM system as a working VM
- skype/voice conversation about deployment
- the image is saved and restored in a root folder of a removable SSD
- ideally imaging would be done with Clonnezilla, but we are flexible as to better solutions
- we assume that you would download, create and test scripts on your own KVM system with no to minimum (only if absolutely necessary) access required to our system
- 1 HDD with 2 partitions (one for OS (Linux), one for data)
- the entire disk needs migrating
- total HDD size allocated 1000Gb, in use <50Gb
- Linux Mint 19.3 with KVM installed and functional
- disk available for VM - 100Gb
- Due to the basic nature of this project we expect it to take a skilled person less than an hour of work
- The full payment will be released once we can successfully run your scripts on our system.
- If there's no deliverable or if the scripts fail to be corrected to run as expected on our system within 24 hours since the award of the contract - we will withdraw the milestone and will re-reward the contract.
Please feel free to ask any questions, and happy bidding!