WHAT IS THE JOB?
You will be responsible for editing two videos per week for my YouTube channel ([login to view URL]).
Video #1 will be the main weekly video for my channel. I recommend checking out my channel and taking a look at my videos to get a feel for the type of content and editing style, although I expect you to improve my editing instead of keeping it the same (add more engaging cuts, be more creative, make some additional changes that I'll bring up if you're considered for the job). This is exactly what you will be expected to produce every week.
I will send you the footage to edit every MONDAY, and you will be expected to have the video completely edited by THURSDAY.
Video #2 will be a full-length commentary for my Patreon. This is a much simpler edit than my weekly videos, as you will simply need to edit the intro, outro, and some of the audio but won't have to cut anything from the video. This takes me about 1-2 hours to edit.
You will use the same footage as in Video #1, but you will be expected to have the video completed at any time throughout the week, by SATURDAY at the latest. It doesn't matter which video you send to me first, as long as each reach their deadlines.
You will also be expected to re-edit videos as many times as needed until they are ready for publishing. I will review your work every week and provide notes on what to change if necessary.
Expected work is 8-10 hours per week. I am an inexperienced video editor and have just been editing my videos through iMovie, and it takes me about that long every week. If you are a more experienced editor, you may be quicker.
You will be paid $100 per two videos every week. We will NOT work through Freelancer.
WHO ARE YOU?
I am looking for a new or inexperienced freelancer because that's all I'm able to afford at the moment. Maybe this is your first project, but you have skill and work ethic. You are willing to improve your craft and develop your skills. You are committed. Just like with any job, at first there will be training and a learning curve, but once we get through that, I hope to rely on you to create my weekly videos according to my taste. I am looking for someone who can meet deadlines. This means committing time every week to my videos. Responsibilities may increase over time (as well as pay) as long you prove you are competent and hardworking.
- You must have Final Cut Pro or a similar editing software that allows for the following capabilities: blurring images and videos, editing several layers of video content (as in, creating a PIP of two videos on top of one video if necessary. iMovie only allows for two layers of video). iMovie does not count.
WHO SHOULD *NOT* APPLY:
- Editors who are looking for one-time projects, not weekly, consistent work
- Editors who cannot commit to weekly work, even during holiday season
- Editors who are lazy, who will not re-edit videos as needed, or who are not open to spending additional unpaid overtime for the first couple of weeks on the job as you figure out my editing style and commit to training
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR PROPOSAL:
- What editing software you have
- Your experience and level of expertise with the editing software you have AND with video editing in general, whether personal, professional, or academic
- How you feel you would be a good fit for this job
- Please watch one of the videos on my YouTube channel and include the name of the movie I watch in that video
- Say the word "oblique" in your proposal so I know you read this entire job description and can follow directions
- Please email me if you are genuinely interested in the job. You don't have to send me anything fancy in the email, just send me a sentence of two so I have your contact information at least. If you're as competent as you must be to apply for this job, you can find my email without me telling you.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $102 for this job
hello sir i'd love to get involved if you need an expert in video editing you should contact me i am sure i can do this work for you on time please contact me.