The brief is to create an Oculus VR enabled prototype using Unity3D v5.0. The project is a viewer for experiencing 360 stereo video clips wearing a virtual reality headset - specifically the Samsung Gear VR and the DK2. We also need to playback sound with a plugin (3dception) from two big ears.
- Import a 360 Stereoscopic video
- Map the video to the inside of a sphere
- Add Oculus Camera into project with each eye rendering the correct stereo offset
- Oculus Mobile SDK head tracking
- Export ready for Android (Gear VR & Cardboard)
- Include playback of specific VR soundtrack with 3Dception plugin (example script and support provided)
Reference tutorial here: [url removed, login to view]
Finished product should auto play the movie and the user should be able to freely experience the stereo panorama by moving their head around in 360 degrees.
This is not for a finished project with complete art - it is a proof of concept so only dummy assets will be used.