Software is just a tool and each has its strengths and weaknesses. KineticText is looking for animators and storytellers who are dedicated to Adobe Animate, with all it's strong points and weak points. Our production pipeline relies on Adobe PhotoShop and Illustator to prep images and Adobe Premiere for editing, but Adobe Animate is the main tool to manage assets and motion design.
The main duties for our Animators are software specific to Adobe Animate.
To understand if this is a good opportunity for you please check the following requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
• File Prep (optimize high res photos, convert .eps files to ai for import, create and name symbols, create layers with short, intelligent names)
• Storyboard Creation- Communicate ideas through panels that can be repurposed for actual animation sequences when approved
• Motion Graphics Animation- Appealing Text Animation, Strong understanding of easing methods
• True Believer of the 12 Principles
• Drawing ability is a plus, not a must
• Character Animation Ability (Big Bonus)
Compensation depends on Experience
Expect between $18 - 25 per hour D.O.E.
Understanding of how to:
• Create and navigate timelines within nested symbols
• Adjust playback behavior on graphic symbols (single frame, play once, loop)
• How to use the sync control for advanced timeline playback on tweened graphic symbols
• Familiarity with the graph editor, auto lipsynch, layer parenting, and newer features
Adobe Animate CC, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Audition, Premiere, Media Encoder, Adobe Acrobat
Word Editor (Microsoft or Office Libre)