I have installed a zen cart website for a client. version [url removed, login to view] (updated recently to [url removed, login to view])
I installed several language packs, some don't seem to work properly, they show some strange characters.
Did quite some research on the problem and found my Russian language pack needs to be utf-8, and it is not. I have several language pack installed in the site, Russian Japanese, Swedish (this is at the moment disabled), English, Italian and French.
The Japanese is utf-8, and works fine if i don't touch the Russian.
The Russian works fine if I don't touch the Japanese, (i need to operate from the russian control pannel though), this language pack is NOT utf-8 unfortunately.
client needs all language pack to work without conflicting with each other
The website database settings are:
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
MySQL connection collation: UTF_general_ci
MySQL - [url removed, login to view]
the site is:
[url removed, login to view]
you can see the problems on this page:
[url removed, login to view];cPath=40_41_147