We have a word game we are developing. We need a native Portuguese speaker to create sets of words as described below. We can provide English examples as well.
The game is designed as a grid of letters, and each word in the grid has to be found. All the words in the grid form words. No tiles are left blank.
So as an example. Lets say we have a grid that is 2 tiles wide by 2 tiles tall. The 4 tiles would make up the word, " west". There are 40 words in the 2x2 puzzle levels. As the game progresses, it gets harder and we add tiles and words.
So for example, 3x3 which is 9 tiles can have words that are of length 5 and 4 or 6 and 3. Or possible 2,2, and 5, or 7 and 2. As long as the combination is equal to the count of tiles, the words are acceptable.
There are some rules.
1. No word can be one letter long.
2. No word can be more than 9 characters long
3. We don't want any word to repeat in any puzzle or in any level.
4. Words in a puzzle must have something in common. For example, in English, in a 3x3 grid I might have Whale and Fins or Long and Short. (These words combine to equal 9 letters)
There also needs to be a “clue" word associated with each puzzle. For example, The clue might be “Fireman". And the words in a 4x4 grid of 16 tiles could be: ladder, hose, and rescue
5. no words with a hyphen “-“.
6. Words with a special character over a letter are acceptable. Such as in Spanish a tilde, “Ñ”.
7. No disrespectful or hateful words. All the words must be neutral or positive.
8. No Slang Words. Every word must be found in a common dictionary.
9. No words over a 5th grade reading level. The words must be recognizable by the majority of native speakers.
If we hire you, we will ask you to provide a few samples for us just to make sure you understand the task and we are not wasting your time or ours.
In each puzzle level group there are a set number of tiles .
Each tiles are in series from 2x2 to 8x8.
The number of puzzles would be as followed:
2x2 : 40 (one word in each) 1
3x3: 80 (two words in each) 2
4x4: 120 (2-6 words) 5
5x5 120 (3-7 words) 5
6x6: 140 (4-8 words) 6
7x7 140 (5-9 words) 6
8x8: 160 (6-10 words) 8
Total word count is approximate: 4,120 plus 800 clues. total 4,920 words
The maximum grid size of 8x8 contains 64 letters.
18 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi. My name is Rafael. I'm a translator from Brazil, with experience translating from English into Portuguese. I understood the requirements and I believe I'd be perfect for this project. Thanks!
I have experience with translations from english to portuguese. I'm a portuguese native speaker (Portugal). I already made translations from english to portuguese here in freelancer.com too.