We are preparing an India-travel guide and need help with tranlating and phoneticising approximately 2000 names and Indian language words.
- Names are common names of people, celebrities, towns, foods, etc.
- Names are currently available in English
Deliverables in MS Word document:
1. Determine the meaning of the word/name.
2. Create a short historical context.
3. Develop English phonetics for pronounciation with list rhyming words
Example: Name : Krishna
1. Dark skinned.
2. Popular deity; considered an incarnation of Vishnu, the creator.
3. krish as in wish, - na as in ma [some of these will require special characters to be used - e.g. &257 in HTML or the ä symbol]
List of phonetic symbols and codes are widely available on the Iinternet. First phase of the project will require 2000 words to be tranlated.
To be considered for this assignment, please send qualifications and ability to apply above deliverables to the following 10 names: