The job is made of two parts:
1. A 5-page Sales Presentation Script, to be translated to Cantonese (Traditional Chinese Characters). Detail descriptions and requirements of the job are:
- The translation needs to be as colloquial as possible.
- It should reflect Hong Kong (HK) Local Culture and values.
- Meaning must be accurately translated from a "Western Context" to a "HK/Chinese Context".
- The whole sales script should still make sense in Chinese.
- Minimise the use of English words in the final Chinese translation. Use as much Traditional HK wordings as possible.
2. An 8-page Social Context Dialogues (For Interactions with Strangers). Script is for a very shy person who needs to memorise dialogues which will enable him to talk more with HK locals, and therefore better understand local culture. Detail descriptions and requirements for this job are:
- Translator needs to have a thorough understanding of the HK Local culture, to be able to translate to HK local Cantonese.
- Translator needs to know about how to make "small talk" in Cantonese in social situations.
- Needs to translate meaning from a "Western Context" to a "HK/Chinese Context"
- Meaning should be accurate and should still make sense in Cantonese.
- In this second part, NO English term is allowed. Try your best to find the best Chinese word to fit the situation. If can't find any suitable Chinese expression, please let me know.
- The translation MUST be as colloquial as possible.