Hi, I have have a very important speech to make on the 21 October with the title ‘Ireland and its role in the Developing World’. The speech will be 20 minutes in length.
Here are some random thoughts:
· Essentially, Ireland has punched above its weight in Africa, Asia, South America and the Caribbean for many centuries.
· The role of the missionaries is not a well told story as they have done their work very quietly and effectively in these regions.
· We got 24 out of our 31 counties to vote for Ireland in the recent UN Security Council Elections. We now have a seat on the Security Council for the next two years.
· Would it be possible for you to do some research and look at what has been written about Irelands role in the developing world and where we think we can go?
· I would also like to raise the issue of slavery. Haiti become independent in 1804 but had to pay reparations to the French Government all the way to 1970 (I think).
· Also all the Caribbean countries got their independence from the united kingdom in the 60’s and 70’s but the British left these island states in very bad shape with limited budget and having to fend for themselves. I think there is an argument that great Britain and others that enjoyed the economic benefits of slavery for two and a half centuries should create a Marshall plan for these island to help turn around their economies by investing in education agriculture and infrastructure etc.
· The Prime minister of Barbados is an advocate for the payment of reparations.
· Irelands role in slavery
42 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin £304 tähän työhön
I will help you write a 20 minutes long speech, I have exoertise in wriitng a perfect and engaging speech. Please message me so that we can discuss the details.