We are a company that sells web tools to website owners. We are trying to get a sense for the feasibility of an idea we have. If it is possible, we would like to have a content management system designed that could be uploaded to multiple websites. Ideally, the content management system would work universally with all websites and would only be controlling 6-10 features on their site. We will custom install these features on the front end individually. However, we would like to use the same CMS template on the back end for each website. Then we would either have this uploaded to their server, or give them a username and password and store it on our server. From your knowledge, would this idea be possible? If so, what do you think would be the best way to do it? Could you design a CMS like this for us?
So far, the list of features we would like for the CMS to have are:
1. Metatag Generator - We need to be able to add a feature to any website which allows the user to edit metatags on their website. This should be setup to allow the user to have different metatag titles, descriptions, and keywords for every individual page on the site. They should be able to edit each page as they want to.
2. Exit Popup - We want a feature so that if someone tries to exit the page, a box pops up that has a last chance offer. It should occur as the user places their cursor towards the back button. The CMS should allow the user to change font style, size, color, text, and a placement for a simple graphic to be uploaded.
3. Email opt-in - The CMS will allow them to change the color of the box that's on their homepage, the text for the title, and the text for the body.
4. Free Shipping Indicator - We want a little title on the page that says "Free shipping for orders over $xxx." Then, when the customer adds a product to the cart, it automatically changes the $xxx amount. So for example if the user chooses it to be $100 for free shipping, then after the customer spends $100 shipping is removed from the price in the shopping cart. If the customer orders $30 worth of product, the screen will then change to say "Now only $70 to receive free shipping!" We want the CMS to let the user change the text, and the value for the free shipping.
5. Video player - We want to have a feature setup so that website owners can add video to their pages. We want the website owners to be able to upload MPEG movies which will then play on the page with the video player.
6. Flash Testimonial player - Allows user to add customized SIMPLE flash to their website; a section on their website which flashes multiple testimonials. It will either flash, or can scroll multiple testimonials on a spot on their site. We want the CMS to be setup so a user can choose to either have the testimonials flash in and out, or scroll in and out. We want the CMS to also allow them to change the text and add as many testimonials as they choose.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and interest in working on this.
Thanks in advance,