We offer an online learning programme that has been used by about 20-30 simultaneous users so far. The number of simultaneous users will go up to about 300-400 in the next 2-3 months and maybe 1000 by year-end. The system is a PHP-MySQL based system running currently from a Linux system. The system is such that students are asked questions that they answer in about 30 seconds each (so both database and image access are high). Questions are drawn from a pool or dynamically generated and are therefore a little different for each child based on his/her response pattern.
We are looking for an expert who can advice us professionally on all technical aspects like:
- What kind of server should we host on (a dedicated server or 2-3 VPS’s)
- Database tuning (technical assistance needed on this)
- Should we use a separate server for images and for the database
- Load/stress testing (how to do this and related info)
- Can effective caching achieve better user response
- THESE ARE ONLY INDICATIVE AS WE ARE NOT EXPERTS IN THIS but are looking for a solution that gives good performance and experience to the users.”