We are looking for a ruby on rails rockstar to do some system setup and development work for our startup. This will be a steady flow of work and if the relationship turns out to be a good one, much more work to come.
IN YOUR PM, PLEASE INCLUDE: A sample of some of your best rails/ruby code. One or two live websites you have built with Rails.
So far, we have built an alpha-version of the website in Rails 1.8.6 (non-restful) hosted on slicehost.com. Here's is the deliverables we will need:
- The alpha refactored in Rails version 2.3, using restful controllers.
- Hosting and best practices firewall setup on Amazon EC2
- Setup of a subversion repository
- Capastrono setup to update production server from svn
- If you stay current with Rails plugins, the new features shouldn't be too hard
Details about timeline/cost: We'd like to have a beta of the site up in between 3 weeks or so. Because we are planning on picking someone up full time with a stable flow of work, we are willing to pay around $10/hour.